Thursday, November 23, 2017

The silver fox of the UP strikes again!!!


Mark silver recently shared this picture of his deer hunt.  Being a thin-skinned Alabama boy with a 2.5 month hunting season,  26 deg. and blowing snow is football watching weather not hunting weather. 😀
Here's a pic of the forkhorn I got Friday morning, and the area I was hunting.  26 deg. and wind driven snow, at one point I had to clear 1/2" of drifted packed snow out of the front of my scope tube--a nice UP day. I used the 9.3x57 Mauser with a 3-9x Zeiss, 75 yd shot through the heart and lungs. He still ran 50 yds. I followed him through the scope for at least 20min as he worked his way through dense brush. Had rotisserie tenderloin Mon. Not many big bucks seen by people I know this year, but our struggling dear herd is rebounding nicely, much better than last year.





No comments:

Post a Comment