Thursday, November 9, 2017

An early style rifle by Brian Barker.

Have some paper towels ready because you are going to slobber on your PC screen over this one.  Brian is just finishing this one for some lucky so-and-so.  I sent him an email begging him to let me have it and tell the customer his rifle got lost in the mail but to no avail.  He insists on sending it to the customer.  Here is his answer:
"Brice, you would have to stand in line. My son-in-law really wants it and I wouldn't mind keeping it either.
It has a 38", "C" weight Rice barrel in .54. The lock is an early Ketland from Chambers that I modified some with a new frizzen spring and made a new cock screw. Made all the hardware for it and the wood is from Fred Harrison.  Nitric acid stain on the wood and aged up the metal parts."   


 




Isn't that little tang bolt plate just the cutest thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment