Saturday, January 19, 2019

It happened again!!!



There I was just walking down the street minding my own business, and this rifle jumped out of the bushes and followed me home.  At least that is what I told my wife, but I don't think she bit.  She knew I was at the Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show at Joe Wheeler Sate Park.  It is a nice little 60cal. rifle that was built by Jerry Scales and engraved by John Schippers.  I think it falls into the European stalking rifle category.  Kind of an English jaeger style.  Has a 31in. Getz barrel and a really smooth L&R lock.  The engraving is exceptional.  The pics are worth zooming to get a closer look at Schippers work.  And yes I set that buttplate on a piece of carpet while I am shooting it.




This rifle also has a nicely done patch around the tang.  Maybe a chip out or knot.  Who knows.  That curly maple can be brittle.  Gives it a more original look. The old folks didn't waste a nice piece of wood. 










 



No comments:

Post a Comment