BREECH PLUG SHOT
This is the breechplug of one of my .40cal. rifles. This was taken with one of those 8mm dia. endoscope cameras that are all over Ebay and Amazon. If you get one, get the 2Megapixel version. I started with the cheapo 300Kpixel 5mm dia.types, but this one has a better picture. The grey along the edges is frosted Scotch tape I used as a diffuser for the LED's. Without the tape you get a lot of glare. Also the folded over tape sticking out helps center the camera. I think the smaller one will work OK with the tape, but the picture is a bit sharper with the better one, and I had already bought the new one before I thought of the tape. The distance for a decent focus is about 1.5in. Not much color there, but it is a color camera with a good picture outside the barrel. It comes with a CD that has a driver, if needed, and program for taking videos and snapshots.
No comments:
Post a Comment