Thursday, July 25, 2019

The all day coyote or how I pinched the dog in my underwear !!!



Picture this if you will.  I roll out of bed at 0600, and after doing the normal morning things, I proceed to the kitchen for my bowl of Strawberry Awake cereal.  As is my habit while passing the french doors facing my hay field, I take look for a target of opportunity(read that armadillo or coyote).  Well, yank my garters and call me Judy!!  There stands the same coyote I had seen the night before(but didn't get a shot) after the hay was cut.  He was looking for dead field rats that the cutter had minced for him.  I got my .17 rimfire and walked out on the deck.  Propping on the porch rail I shot under him to watch him jump.  I got two shots before he ran.  So later in  the morning  I raked the hay( I like driving the tractor.) for the man baling it and went to the RC airplane field to fly my plane some and change the blades on our club mower.  When I got home at 4:30pm, there is the same brazen coyote walking around in the field and watching me drive in.  I tried to sneak to the house for my rifle, but I only got halfway before he ran.  "Good Riddance!" says I.
So after supper I decide to paint the two bathroom floors that I have pulled the carpet from in preparation for installing flooring.  After I finished painting at 6:30pm, I took my clothes off in the utility room to get ready to shower and have a beer.  Well, while passing the double doors I take a look and there he is again!  Grabbing the .17 by the back door I go out on the deck in the my socks and underwear for a shot.  (One of the advantages of having no neighbors.)  No prisoners taken this time.  The dog jumped and spun at the shot wondering what had stung him and started moving.  The second shot had him spinning like a top and flopping while moving to the fence.  It's too late and hot for trailing, and I want a shower and beer.  I'll go down in the morning to look for the body, or maybe he'll come back for another dose in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment