I got this one at the Knoxville Tenn./Ky rifle show. It has a C profile .42" .54 cal. barrel and a round faced lock with a brass lock plate. If one felt it needed a label, it could be called an early Virginia style. Brian usually has a historical basis fir his rifles.
Being unable to resist tinkering with the lock, I took it apart to polish it and see it the brass was worn. All is good so I just drilled a hole to insert a steel pin to protect the brass from the impact of the hammer stop. You can see the circle. It is .0625" music wire about .250" deep held in with Acraglas gel glue.
The triggerguard looks a little different but is comfortable to hold. I like the grip rails close to the wrist instead of the hand filling(for me) types that stand off from the wrist.
No comments:
Post a Comment